For Walt Smith, the best bit of real estate in the world just may be the surface of a wind-surfing board under his feet. An avid surfer, Walt and his family have been sailing and surfing the Northwest waters for nearly three decades.
Walt is a leader in Bader Martin’s real estate practice and a principal in its tax practice.
Walt provides a blend of tax planning and business consulting services for privately held businesses and their owners. Many of his clients are new or emerging businesses, or companies struggling to meet the challenges of a demanding financial or operational climate.
He has extensive work experience in tax and financial reporting for real estate developers, investors, owners, lessors and managers and is a recognized authority in commercial and residential real estate and partnership syndication.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- University of Washington Accounting Development Fund, Executive Committee and Board of Trustees
- Glaser Foundation, Treasurer and Board of Directors
- Seattle Certified Public Accountant Tax Roundtable
- Rotary Club of Seattle
- DFK International/DFK USA (Past President)
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, University of Washington
- 2009 Professional of the Year, University of Washington chapter of Beta Alpha Psi
- FIVE STAR Best CPA: Taxation, Seattle, 2016, 2017