Susan Queary’s earliest memories are of nature, exploring the woods around her grandparents’ cabin. The memories were so formative that Susan earned a degree in geology and began her professional life helping people channel their concern for the environment into productive volunteer work.
As a CPA, Susan still supports environmental and charitable causes. Her work at Bader Martin includes advising charitably inclined families and their businesses and private foundations with regard to philanthropy and charitable giving plans. It’s work she finds empowering.
As a member of Bader Martin’s high net worth practice and director of the firm’s estate planning practice, Susan’s work emphasizes estate planning, philanthropy and charitable giving strategies. She also has broad experience in tax compliance and planning for affluent individuals and families, and their for-profit and not-for-profit entities.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Seattle, Past Executive Committee
- Seattle Philanthropic Advisors Network
- Family Law CASA of King County, Board of Directors
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Washington Women in Tax
- Washington Trails Association, President of Board of Directors
- KUOW/Puget Sound Public Radio (NPR Affiliate), Past Board of Directors
- Bachelor of Arts in Geology, Carleton College
- Master of Accountancy, University of Oklahoma
- FIVE STAR Best CPA: Taxation, Charitable Giving, Estate Planning, Seattle, 2010, 2014 – 2017, 2019