Steven Bishop provides a blend of assurance, business consulting, taxation and forensic accounting services for closely held and family-owned companies, as well as special purpose districts, not-for-profit organizations and employee benefit plans.
He serves business clients in a range of industries, with an emphasis in real estate and construction, transportation, distribution and manufacturing.
For several years, Steve also worked as a senior financial executive in private companies in the real estate and distribution sectors. The result is a rare combination of experience and expertise for a CPA in public practice. Steve’s real-world experience has proven invaluable in his work serving closely held companies—including in the areas of financial management and operations, forecasting, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
In addition to his CPA certification, Steve has earned credentials in management accounting, business valuation and financial forensics.
He is experienced in providing expert testimony and litigation-related consulting services. In fact, he’s served as an agent of the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Steve’s also investigated numerous theft claims, including the largest theft recorded in a Washington public school district.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, Forensic Valuation Section
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants; Accounting, Auditing, and Review Services Committee (Past Chair)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Center for Advanced Manufacturing Puget Sound
- American Production and Inventory Control Society
- Architectural Woodwork Institute
- Rotary International, District 5030 (Past Assistant District Governor, Treasurer of 2011 District Conference)
- Rotary Club of Lynnwood (Past President and other board positions)
- Lynnwood Rotary Community Foundation, Board Member and Chair of Investment Committee
- North Seattle College, Technical Advisory Committee (Past Chair)
- North Seattle College Education Foundation, Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair
- University of Washington Alumni Association
- Mustangs Northwest Board Member and Judge Committee
- Pacific Northwest Camaro Club
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Accounting, University of Washington