An admitted people-person, and an amateur actor and singer, Scott Usher is also a born communicator. In this regard he takes after his father, an actor and two-time Emmy award-winner.
Scott chose to channel his considerable interpersonal and communications skills in the business arena. After deciding on a career in public accounting, he earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a master’s in taxation.
Scott ‘s interpersonal abilities continue to serve him well as a tax principal at Bader Martin, where his work blends federal, state, multi-state and international tax planning and compliance with business consulting—including financial and tax projections and the cash flow and tax implications of major transactions, such as the purchase or sale of a business.
Scott is also a leader in the firm’s technology and international practice groups.
His clients include corporations, partnerships and individuals, with an emphasis in technology, new business ventures, and real estate.
By the way, he never lost his love of the arts. Scott is a former board member and consultant for Western Washington Center for the Arts. He and his wife are well-known performers in the region’s local theater community; and two of their sons and their daughter continue to study and perform in vocal and theatre arts.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, International Tax Committee, Tax Committee, Real Estate Committee
- DFK International and DFK USA, International Tax Committee, State and Local Tax (SALT) Committee
- Western Washington Center for the Arts, Consultant and former Board of Directors member (Past Treasurer)
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Accounting, University of Washington
- Master of Science in Taxation, Golden Gate University
- FIVE STAR Best CPA: Taxation, Business Planning, Seattle, 2011, 2014 – 2017