Counting coins was always her thing, even as a toddler. Gathering them, counting them and assembling them in rolls.
It’s an interesting pursuit for an accountant and it helped fund college. But if you’re tempted to think of Melissa Blaschka, CPA as just a money or numbers person you’d be wrong.
For Melissa, it’s also about larger concerns — caring for people and contributing to the world around her. She cares deeply about social and humanitarian issues. Her career is one way of channeling her natural talents in business and finance to participate in solutions.
Melissa is a manager in the tax practice and a member of the firm’s not-for-profit and real estate practice groups. She joined Bader Martin out of college, then gained additional experience in the not-for-profit sector as an accounting manager and finance officer for two prominent international NGOs before returning to our firm.
Melissa’s work blends tax and consulting services for not-for-profit organizations, real estate investors and entities, and family businesses. She also has extensive experience supporting clients undergoing IRS audits/examinations.
- Certified Public Accountant [CPA], Washington
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants; Not-for-Profit Committee
- Member, Policies and Procedures Committee, OneLife Community Church
- Past Finance Committee Member, Northwest Folklife
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, cum laude, Seattle Pacific University
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, (Social Entrepreneurship), cum laude, Seattle Pacific University