Growing up in a large family as Kelly Nelson did — with more than 50 first cousins alone — requires certain survival skills. Understanding what moves or motivates people. Navigating among distinct personalities and multiple generations. And managing sometimes-difficult family dynamics.
Over time, you get really good at it.
Given Kelly’s love of family, and a natural empathy combined with a head for business, it’s not surprising that she chose to focus her career in support of families. Affluent multi-generational families. Family offices. Family businesses.
As a principal in Bader Martin’s tax practice and director of the firm’s high net worth practice group, Kelly works collaboratively with clients and their advisors on multi-generational wealth planning. She provides them with a range of services, including strategic tax and estate planning, retirement planning, family office, family meeting facilitation, business and fiduciary tax compliance, succession planning and business consulting, to name a few. She demonstrates a rare ability to develop and maintain an overall plan for the family while preserving harmony among family members and across the generations.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Kitsap Estate Planning Council
- Harrison Medical Center, Past Chair
- Past Vice Chair, Harrison Medical Center Foundation
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Accounting, University of Washington