Growing up in a large family as Kelly Nelson did—with more than 50 first cousins alone—requires certain survival skills. Understanding what moves or motivates people. Navigating among distinct personalities and multiple generations. And managing sometimes-difficult family dynamics.
Over time, you get really good at it.
Given Kelly’s love of family, and a natural empathy combined with a head for business, it’s not surprising that she chose to focus her career in support of families. Affluent multi-generational families. Family offices. Family businesses.
As a principal in Bader Martin’s tax practice and director of the firm’s high net worth practice group, Kelly works collaboratively with clients and their advisors on multi-generational wealth planning. She provides them with a range of services, including strategic tax and estate planning, retirement planning, family office, family meeting facilitation, business and fiduciary tax compliance, succession planning and business consulting, to name a few. She demonstrates a rare ability to develop and maintain an overall plan for the family while preserving harmony among family members and across the generations.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Kitsap Estate Planning Council
- Harrison Medical Center, Past Chair
- Past Vice Chair, Harrison Medical Center Foundation
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Accounting, University of Washington