With an accounting professor as a father, it could have gone either way. Follow his lead into accounting, or do something totally different.
Judy chose to become a CPA and the rest is history. Her father was her first accounting teacher. And her first accounting textbook was one that he wrote.
It turned out to be a great decision. Judy has served high net worth families and their family businesses for more than three decades. She began her professional career with Deloitte. Eventually she chose to found her own CPA and advisory firm, which she grew for more than 18 years before joining Bader Martin.
Judy is a principal in the Bader Martin tax practice and a leader in the firm’s high net worth and trusts and estates practice groups.
Judy provides high net worth clients and their business ventures and private foundations with a range of services, including strategic tax planning and preparation, wealth transfer planning, philanthropy and charitable giving, family office services and estate planning.
She also serves on the Seattle Foundation Advisory Board and the boards of Reading Partners Seattle and Congregations for the Homeless, as well as a number of private foundations.
- Certified Public Accountant [CPA], Washington
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Section
- Seattle Foundation Advisory Board
- Reading Partners Seattle Board
- Congregations for the Homeless Board
- Boards of a number of private foundations
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Computer Science, Western Washington University
- Master of Taxation, University of Denver