Like most natural-born entrepreneurs, David Stiefel started early. By age 14 he was hiring employees, maintaining inventory and keeping the books for the snack bar at the View Ridge Swim Club.
It may have helped that his father was a CPA. But in truth, David has simply always had a fascination with privately held and family-owned companies and their owners. He loves the combination of business and interpersonal dynamics involved, and enjoys the strategic and counseling aspects of his relationships with them.
David is Bader Martin’s managing principal and directs the firm’s family business practice. His work combines tax and accounting services with financial and business consulting for private and family-owned companies, their family offices and their high net worth owners.
He is experienced in strategic and wealth planning and business consulting, as well as goal setting, governance and structure, risk analysis and financial modeling.
David also has significant professional experience in forensic accounting, litigation support and expert testimony, with an emphasis on estate and trust disputes.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Washington (Inactive: California, Oregon, Pennsylvania)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), The American College
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, Board of Directors, Executive Committee (Past Planned Giving Committee Chair)
- Family Firm Institute
- Northwest Family Business Advisors, Board of Directors
- Estate Planning Council of Seattle
- Association for Accounting Marketing
- Past Washington State Board of Accountancy, Quality Assurance Review Committee
- Past Finance Committee Member, Seattle Academy
- Past Member, University of Denver Parents Council
- Past Board of Directors, Treasurer, Finance Committee, Medic One Foundation
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Accounting, with honors, Claremont McKenna College
- Master of Business Administration (Finance), University of Washington
- FIVE STAR Best CPA: Taxation, Business Planning, Estate Planning, Seattle, 2007 – 2011, 2014 – 2017